xConnect Search Indexer overview¶
In this topic:
The xConnect Search Indexer is responsible for adding contact and interaction data to the xDB search index. The indexer can be set up as Windows Service or an Azure Web Job, and regularly polls the collection database for changes to index.
- Indexing and segmentation of contacts and interactions (Data Flows and Processes).
- Configuring the xConnect Search Indexer (Role Configuration)
- xConnect search overview
Indexing is NOT by the processing server. This is a significant change from version 8.2 and below.
Contact and interaction facets are automatically indexed by xConnect. Facets or facet propreties decorated with the
[DoNotIndex] attribute are never indexed. Facets or facet properties marked with
[PIISensitive] are only indexed if indexing of PII sensitive data is enabled. If a facet is not indexed, it cannot be used in a search query.
You can enable indexing of anonymous contacts through configuration. The following rules apply when indexing of anonymous contacts is disabled:
- If a contact becomes known, previous interactions are not automatically indexed.
- If a contact becomes anonymous, previous interactions are not automatically removed from the index.
- If a contact becomes known, the contact and its facets are added to the index.
- If a contact becomes anonymous, it is not removed from the index.
Please submit documentation feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.