The Email Experience Manager (EXM) supports tokens that you can use to personalize your email campaign messages. For example, in the beginning of a message, you can use the token $name$ in the greeting so that when you send your email campaign, the token is replaced with the name in the contact.
If the value in the contact is not available, the recipient will see the actual token.
The following tokens are by default available in EXM:
If you would like to use other information from the contact as a token in EXM, your Sitecore developer can add them for you.
This topic outlines how to:
- Insert a token in the message Subject field or the Alternative text field
- Insert a token in the message body
- Preview the token for different recipients
Insert a token in the Subject field or the Alternative text field
To insert a token:
- Open the relevant email campaign and click the Message tab.
- In the Subject field or in the Alternative text field, place the cursor where you want to insert the token.
- Click Actions and then click Insert token.
- In the Insert Token dialog, click the relevant token and click OK.
- Save your changes.
Insert a token in the message body
You can insert a token in any text field in the message body.
To insert a token:
- On the Message tab, click the message body to open the message in editing mode.
- Click the field where you want to insert a token.
- If it is a rich text field, you can also insert a token in the Rich Text Editor. Click the relevant field, and in the floating menu that appears, click Edit the text .
- In the rich text editor, place the cursor where you want to insert a token, click Insert Field and in the drop-down menu, click the token that you want to insert.
- Click Accept.
Preview the token for different recipients
You can preview every token for a specific recipient:
- On the Message tab, in the Details section, click Actions and then click Preview for recipient.
- In the Preview the email campaign dialog box, click the recipient that you want to preview the message for and click OK.
The Message tab now displays the message with the appropriate contact values instead of the tokens.