If your Sitecore solution works in a scaled environment, you must configure the Email Experience Manager (EXM) component to work in this environment.
A scaled environment usually consists of one content management (CM) server, and one or more content delivery (CD) servers
In the standard multiserver Sitecore environment, all the content management and content delivery instances share the Core and Web databases, and all the CM instances share the Master database. This means that you must use the same connection strings to the databases for the configuration file of each server.
The following diagram illustrates the connections between the servers and the content databases in a standard multiserver Sitecore setup:
A multiserver environment also shares the collection database and the reporting SQL Server database.
This topic outlines how to:
- Configure a content management server
- Configure a content delivery server
- Configure a processing server
- Configure a reporting server
Configure a content management server
To configure a content management server:
- Install Sitecore Experience Platform and configure it according to the Sitecore scaling recommendations for content management servers.
- On the primary content management server, in the
- Add the
EXM.DedicatedDispatchServiceconnection string, for example:
<add name="EXM.DedicatedDispatchService" connectionString="/sitecore%20modules/web/exm/dedicateddispatchservice.asmx" />
- Add the
- On all the content management servers in your scaled environment, in the
\App_Config\ConnectionStrings.configfile, add the
EXM.InternalApiKeyconnection string, for example:
<add name="EXM.InternalApiKey" connectionString="0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000" />
In a scaled setup, any HTML files that you want to use as templates for your email campaigns, you must manually copy to the
Website\layouts\EmailCampaign\Imported folder on all the CM servers and dedicated dispatch servers that you have configured to dispatch email campaigns.
Configure a content delivery server
To configure a content delivery server:
- Install Sitecore Experience Platform and configure it according to the Sitecore scaling recommendations for content delivery servers.
- In the
\App_Config\ConnectionStrings.configfile, add the following connection string:
EXM.AuthenticationKey. The keys must be represented in hexadecimal format by 64 characters, where you can use the symbols 0-9 and A-F. For example:
<add name="EXM.CryptographicKey" connectionString=
<add name="EXM.AuthenticationKey" connectionString=
Configure a processing server
To configure a processing server for Analytics data processing and aggregation:
- Install Sitecore Experience Platform and configure it according to the Sitecore scaling recommendations for processing servers.
Configure a reporting server
To configure a reporting server:
- Install Sitecore Experience Platform and configure it according to the Sitecore scaling recommendations for reporting servers.