In the Email Experience Manager, you can choose between using the Sitecore Email Cloud or the Custom SMTP to send your email campaigns.
The Sitecore Email Cloud handles the complexity of email delivery for you and ensures that your email campaigns avoid getting blocked by your recipients’ Junk, SPAM, and Clutter folders but instead arrive quickly in their inbox.
For configuration support and email dispatch troubleshooting, refer to the standard Sitecore support channels. We also provide reactive support to all subscription holders focusing on any misconfigured accounts and high bounce- or spam-rate email campaigns.
Before you can use Sitecore Email Cloud:
- Contact your local Sitecore representative to get a subscription to Sitecore Email Cloud.
- Make sure the firewall on your server does not block the following URL's:
- Open the ports 587 and 443 for the following URL's:
- Open port 587 to support the Transport Layer Security (TLS). TLS is required by Sitecore Email Cloud to send email messages.
Then, you can switch to Sitecore Email Cloud:
- Open the web.config file of
your website and set the
eds:defineappSetting to EmailCloud.
<add key="eds:define" value="EmailCloud" />