To optimize the deliverability of your email campaigns and get the best inbox placement rates, you need to establish your organization as a legitimate sender by developing a positive sending reputation with various mailbox providers.
To develop a good reputation with mailbox providers, you should follow these basic guidelines:
- Only include contacts that have subscribed to a list to your email campaign.
- Create email content that is relevant to the contacts included in the email campaign. Proofread your email messages before sending them.
- The text in the Subject and From fields must be meaningful. Do not use fake or generic names and do not hide the sender.
- Configure Sitecore to handle hard bounces according to your business's needs.
- Remove spam complaints, unsubscribe requests, and inactive contacts from your lists.
- Add contacts who should never receive any email campaigns from you to your suppression list.
- Make sure DKIM is set up correctly and has been verified for your sending domains.
- Use the Email preview and Spam check functionality in EXM to test your email campaigns before sending them.
- Do not hide the unsubscribe link or ignore unsubscribe requests.
- Do not buy third party email address lists or sell your contact lists to a third party without permission.