Depending on the email clients that your recipients use, the email campaign that you send can look very different. In EXM, you can preview your message in different email clients before you send it. In this way, if something does not look right in the preview, you can make some last minute changes to the email campaign before you send it to all your recipients.
To use this functionality, you must sign up for the Email Preview service in the Sitecore App Center.
This topic outlines how to:
Run an email preview on a message
To preview your message in different email clients:
- Open an email campaign and on the Review tab, click Email preview.
- If there are more than one message variant, click the variant that you want to run the preview for.
- Click Options and select the email clients that you want to preview your email message in.
- Click Run email preview.
- When the previews start appearing, you can click an image to view it in full size.
Review past email previews
All the previews and spam checks that you run are saved in EXM. This gives you a great overview of which checks that have already been run and when. In this way, you can easily determine if it is necessary to run a new email preview or spam check.
To see which Email previews or spam checks that have already run on a message:
- Click the Review tab and click Spam check or Email preview.
- Click Reports and in the drop-down menu, all the checks that have been run on the message are listed with the date and time for when they were run.