From version 9.0.2, Commerce Connect contains a default Storefront Abandoned Cart marketing automation campaign, which helps you track shopping carts to determine if they are abandoned, and then follow-up on them.
By default, the campaign works as follows:
- If the cart is not manipulated during a default 2-hour period, the system then checks whether the cart is empty, and whether an e-mail address is known for the contact.
- If the cart is empty or an email address is not known, the contact is removed from the campaign.
- If the cart is not empty and the email address is known, an email message is sent to the contact reminding them that they have abandoned their cart. The intention is to get the contact to return and place an order. After the email message is sent, the contact is removed from the campaign.
When you deploy the SXA Storefront solution, the Storefront Abandoned Cart automation campaign is disabled by default.
To set up the Storefront Abandoned Cart automation campaign:
- Create an email campaign in the Email Experience Manager. You can personalize the email message by inserting tokens for the contact’s name and similar information.
- Assign the email campaign to the Send email action in the marketing automation campaign.
- To activate your campaign, click Actions , and in the drop-down menu click Activate.
In Commerce Connect 9.0.2, you cannot include information about the content of the cart in the email message due to limitations in the integration of Email Experience Manager with Marketing Automation.