The Federated Experience Manager (FXM) is an application that allows you to track visitor interactions and generate analytics information on external, non-Sitecore websites. You can use the FXM to assign profile cards to webpages on the external site.
Profile cards help you apply profile values consistently across the external website. You can also use profile cards to implement personalization rules and create conditional renderings of content on the external site.
You must create profile cards
To apply profile cards to an external website:
- From the Sitecore Launch Pad, open the FXM.
- On the FXM Dashboard, under Tracked external websites, click on the name of website you want to edit. Once the site has been selected, click on Open in Experience Editor.
- On the Home tab, in the FXM Marketing Functions group, click Manage FXM Functions.
- In the Manage FXM Functions dialog, select the component you want to assign the profile to from the list of available page filters, for example, When a visitor goes to Tokyo.
- On the Profiles tab, under Assign Profiles, select a profile from Available profiles. Click Add to apply the profile, then click Save. You can assign multiple profiles to an external website component.
- Click Save and then, on the Home tab, FXM Advanced group, select Publish to publish the changes.