A campaign group is a higher-level campaign that contains multiple campaign activities. You can use
For example, a campaign group could encompass a collection of activities that promote a marketing event, such as a product launch, seasonal advertising, or a new customer initiative.
When you create a new campaign activity, it is a good idea to associate it with a campaign group. The campaign group functions as a tag to identify campaign activities that belong to the particular campaign group. This is especially useful for creating reports.
To create a campaign group:
- In the Marketing Control Panel, in the content tree, expand the Taxonomies node and click Campaign Group.
- On the Home tab, in the Insert group, click Campaign Group.
- In the Message dialog box, enter a name for the campaign group and click OK.
- To save the new campaign group, click Save.
- To deploy the campaign group, select the root Campaign group item and on the Taxonomy tab, click Deploy.