When your test is finished, you can see each test variation and the accumulated value next to each one and pick the winning content.
This topic describes how to:
- Create a new variation of a component
- Specify the content for a variation
- Specify the design of a variation
- Save new variations
You can also personalize components and then include the personalized components in a component test.
Create a new variation of a component
To create a new variation of a component on your website:
- In the Experience Editor, on the Versions tab, select the language version that you want to create a test for.
- Select the component on your website that you want to test and in the floating tool bar, click Test the Component .
- In the Test the Component dialog box, to create a new test variation, click New Variation.
- Replace Variation Name with a name for the test variation that you are adding.
Now you can specify the content and design of the new variation before you start a content test.
Specify the content for a variation
To specify the content for a new test variation:
- To browse for existing content in the content tree, in the Test Content Item field, click Browse .
- In the Select the Associated Content dialog box:
- To browse for an item in the Sitecore content tree, click Select Existing Content.
- To search for an item you want to add to the test, click Search for Content.
- To clone an existing item, then edit it, click Clone Current Content.
- To insert a new content item, click Create New Content.
- When you have selected the content that you want to use, click OK.
Alternatively, to hide the component on the page, select Hide Component.
Specify the design of a variation
To select a rendering for the new variation:
- In the Test the Component dialog box, to test the design of the component, select the Enable variation of component design check box.
- In the Test Component Design field, click Browse to select a different rendering.
Save new variations
Once you have added all the variations that you want to include in your test, you must save your changes before you start the test:
- In the Test the Component dialog box, click OK.
- Save your changes.
Now you are ready to start the content test.