The Path Analyzer is an application that allows you to view
You can create new Path Analyzer maps to track the paths that contacts have followed from specific channels or campaigns, or to particular goals or events
You can also gain insight into which paths to certain experiences provide the highest engagement value level, and which paths could be optimized. Optimization recommendations can help you refine your marketing strategy and how you present content to your contacts, enabling you to convey your content in a more meaningful way.
You create and configure new Path Analyzer maps in the Marketing Control Panel.
- In the content tree, in the Marketing Control Panel, expand the Path Analyzer node.
- Expand the Maps node, then click Path Experience Maps
. Expand the Path Experience Maps node, then select one of the four categories to create a new Path Analyzer map.
A visit map that shows the different experiences that contacts can have on your site, which are not based on an asset, campaign, or goal, for example, a first time visit.
A map configured around converting a specific goal. This is convenient for users who want to see maps of interactions leading to the selected goal.
A map configured to show the paths that contacts take to download or interact with a particular digital asset, such as a PDF or video.
A map that shows path experiences for contacts coming from a specific campaign.
- After you have selected a category, on the Home tab, in the Insert group, add a new path map, for example, By Campaign. In the dialog box, give the new map a name, then click OK.
- On the Content tab, under Scope, click on the Target Goal/Media Asset/Campaign field. This opens up a content tree directory. Click the item you want to associate with this map.
- On the Content tab, under Scope, you can enter start and end dates for the map.
- To enter the start date for the map, under Start, click Today. The current day is the default selection. This means that the map will add all visits after the current day. To select a different day, click the drop-down arrow to open a calendar dialog box and select a date from the calendar.
- To enter the end date for a map, under End, click Today. To select a different day, click the drop-down arrow to open a calendar dialog box and select a date from the calendar.
- On the Content tab, under Scope, click Edit Rule to open the Rule Set Editor. In the Rule Set Editor dialog box, select the rule you want to associate with this experience map. Once you have configured the actions and conditions for the rule, click OK. In this example, the Facebook Like goal is being associated with the new map.
- To deploy the new map, on the Review tab, in the Workflow group, click Deploy and then click Save.