The Federated Experience Manager (FXM) is an application that allows you to track visitor interactions and generate analytics information on external, non-Sitecore websites. You use FXM to implement personalization rules, assign goals and events, as well as implement content profiling on an external site.
This topic outlines how to:
Add an external website for tracking
To add an external website for tracking:
- From the Sitecore Launchpad, open the Federated Experience Manager.
- On the FXM Dashboard, click Add external website.
- On the Website tab, under General website information, enter the name and domain of the external website and click Save.
- In the Tracking script section, a tracking script is generated. C
opy this script and add it to every page that you want to track on the external website.
- Now you can open the website in the FXM Experience Editor and then add any relevant marketing attributes, such as goals, events, etc.
The FXM features are also available from the content tree in the Marketing Control Panel in the node Federated Experience Manager.
Set up rules for tracking
In the Marketing Control Panel, you can set up the Federated Experience Manager to track only certain types of visits to your website, for example visits from specific domains or visits referred from a specific website.
To set up rules for tracking the visits to an external website:
- From the Sitecore Launchpad, open the Marketing Control Panel and in the content tree, navigate to Federated Experience Manager.
- Click the external website that you want to apply a new rule to.
- Under the Configuration section, in the Matching Rules or Language Rules section, click the link Edit rule, and in the Rule Set Editor dialog, add the relevant rules and actions.
Edit or remove an external website
You can edit the external website's name or domain or remove the website from FXM.
To edit a website's information:
- On the FXM Dashboard, under Tracked external websites section, click the name of the website that you want to edit.
Use the search field to search for the relevant website, or use the left-hand menu to find the relevant website from a list of:
- All the websites in FXM
- Websites that you added
- Recently created websites
- On the Edit External Website page:
- Click Edit to edit the website name or domain. Save your changes.
- Click Delete to remove the website from FXM.
- To publish the changes you made, on the Edit External Website page, click Publish and then follow the steps in the Publishing wizard.