As visitors move through your website, they are assigned the profile values that you have defined for each item that they visit. These values accumulate as the visitor navigates through the site, and they help to build up a visitor profile.
Typically, you use profile cards, or saved sets of profile values, to apply profile values to content. However, some items may not match the profile cards that you have created. In this case, you can assign custom profile values to the item.
You can also assign custom profile values to multiple items at the same time using the search function in the Content Editor.
You can only assign custom profile values to items if, in the Select Profile Card dialog, in the Authoring Selection field, you have selected Single.
To assign custom profile values to a content item:
- In the Experience Editor, navigate to the page or content item that you want to assign profile values to.
- In the Optimization group, in the Page Profile Settings tab, click Assign Profile Cards.
- In the Profile Card Editor, find the profile key that you want to select and click Edit.
- In the Select Profile Card screen, click the Customize switch to enable customization. This enables you to create a custom profile card.
- In the Customize section, click the drop down arrow for each profile value and select the values that you want to assign to the content item.
- To save your changes and assign the selected profile values to the content item, click OK.
Assign a custom profile value to multiple items
To assign a custom profile value to multiple items:
- Select an item or item bucket.
- In the search field enter * to return all items in the item bucket.
- Click the drop-down arrow to the left of the search field and select Search Operations.
- In Search Operations, click Apply Profile Score.
- In the Profile Cards window, in the Customize section, click the drop down arrow for each profile value and select the values that you want to assign to the content items.
- To save your changes and assign the selected profile values to the content items, click OK.