The Sitecore Forms application enables you to quickly create forms by using standard elements. Before you start building your form, you must decide what you want to ask contacts and determine the form fields you want to include.
This topic describes how to:
Create a form
You can construct your form using templates or start with a blank form.
To create a form:
- On the Forms dashboard, click Create.
- To create a new form from scratch, click Blank form, or select a template to base your form on.
Add a form field
You add a field to a new form by dragging a form element from the Form elements pane onto the form canvas. When you have placed an element as a form field on your form, you can change its settings on the General tab in the Form elements pane.
To add a form field:
- In the Form elements pane, click the element that you want to add and then drag it to the form canvas.
- When you have found the right place for your element and a green line appears, drop the element.
- To change the settings of the new field, on the canvas, click the field and apply the changes in the Form elements pane. For example, add a CSS class to your field to style it.
- When you have finished changing the settings, click Apply to see the changes on the form.
- To add a Submit button on your form, in the Form elements pane, in the Structure section, drag the Submit button element to the form.
- In the Details section, enter a name for your button and, in the Navigation step field, select Submit.
- Click Apply to see the changes on the form.
- To save your form:
- click Save to save and name the new form.
- Click Save the selected form to save and name a copy of the form.
- Click Save the form as a form template to save the form as a template.