The Sitecore Reporting Service fetches reporting data from various data sources, for example, the collection and reporting databases, to use in Sitecore reporting applications, such as Experience Analytics. The Reporting Service can run on the same server alongside other server features, or can run independently on a dedicated server.
In the reporting architecture, the Reporting Service sits between the reporting applications and the rest of the Sitecore Experience Database (xDB) architecture and handles the processing of all your report queries.
- xDB Cloud configuration – if you are running xDB Cloud edition then configure your Reporting Service environment according to this topic and the instructions for configuring xDB Cloud.
Synchronize all servers to a single reliable time source, for example, by means of the Network Time Protocol (NTP). The aggregation of engagement automation states depends on the system time and changing this can lead to incorrect aggregation results or loss of data.
Configure a Reporting Service server
To configure a Reporting Service server:
- Install a Sitecore instance using the Installing the Sitecore Experience Platform guide on the Sitecore Developer Portal website.
- Remove or restrict access to the client. You do not need the Sitecore client on a Reporting Service server.
- Configure database connection strings. This topic contains a list of all database connection strings required for each server type.
Download the spreadsheet that lists of all the configuration files that you must enable or disable for each server type.
- For Sitecore 8.2, download the Config Enable Disable Excel spreadsheet for Sitecore 8.2 initial release.
- For Sitecore 8.2 Update 1, download the Config Enable Disable Excel spreadsheet for Sitecore 8.2 Update 1.
- For Sitecore 8.2 Update 2, download the Config Enable Disable Excel spreadsheet for Sitecore 8.2 Update 2.
- Enable or disable the relevant files for a Reporting Service server.
- In the following configurations files, update each of the parameter values:
<site name="website" database="web"/>
Comment out the entry for
<add name="SitecoreAntiCSRF" type="Sitecore.Security.AntiCsrf.SitecoreAntiCsrfModule, Sitecore.Security.AntiCsrf" />.
- Configure a search and indexing provider. This topic contains a list of links and other information you need to configure Lucene or Solr as your search and indexing provider.
There is an additional optional step for configuring a Reporting Service server: