This topic has moved, remember to update your bookmark
You can deploy Sitecore partly or entirely in the cloud. This topic outlines some of the advantages and disadvantages of using the cloud and how you should approach making your first cloud deployment.
You can choose to install the Sitecore Experience Database (xDB) as an entirely on-premise solution, a partly on-premise solution, partly in the cloud (hybrid) or entirely in the cloud.
Sitecore xDB Cloud Edition is a service that enables you to run Sitecore xDB entirely in the cloud. This includes the following:
- Sitecore application servers for processing, aggregation, and reporting.
- Microsoft SQL Server reporting database
- MongoDB collection database
The following table outlines how the different versions of Sitecore can be combined with the xDB on-premise and xDB Cloud Editions:
xDB Cloud Edition
Sitecore CEP 7.2 (on-premise)
Sitecore XP 7.5 (on-premise)
Sitecore XP 7.5 (deployed using Sitecore Azure 7.5)
Sitecore XP 8.0 (on-premise)
Sitecore XP 8.0 (deployed using Sitecore Azure 8.0)
Sitecore XP 8.1 (on-premise)
Sitecore XP 8.1 (deployed using Sitecore Azure 8.1)
There are several other cloud offerings currently available to choose from, such as Rackspace, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). Each of these solutions have their own set of advantages and disadvantages.
Benefits of using Sitecore xDB Cloud Edition:
- Powerful, scalable, and fully managed – saves the cost of acquiring, configuring, and maintaining the infrastructure to support xDB on the premises.
- Easy to connect to, simple to set up and use.
- Low cost.
- Globally available at several Azure locations.
For more information on using the Sitecore xDB Cloud Edition, contact your Sitecore partner.