This topic describes the overview for xDB Cloud 2.0. For earlier versions, refer to the overview for xDB Cloud 1.0
Sitecore xDB Cloud Edition is a managed service that enables you to run Sitecore xDB entirely in the Cloud. This service includes dedicated Sitecore application servers for processing, aggregation, and reporting.
- Microsoft SQL Server reporting database
- MongoDB collection database
- Contact segmentation index
Sitecore XP with xDB Cloud
xDB Cloud can run the full Sitecore Experience Platform (XP), a Cloud solution comprises the following services and features:
- An on-premise solution that implements Experience Management functionality and consists of Content Delivery (CD) and Content Management (CM) servers, as well as the necessary SQL Server databases. When using Sitecore Azure, you can deploy the CD and CM instances on Microsoft Azure.
- The xDB Cloud Set – a set of cloud services and connected databases that implement on-premise xDB functionality off-premise in the cloud. This functionality includes the ability to collect and process experience data, as well as contact search and segmentation.
- The xDB Cloud API service
– enables certain operations to work in an xDB Cloud Set.
xDB Cloud versus on-premise
The Sitecore xDB Cloud service provides the following benefits over an on-premise installation:
- A simpler infrastructure
- Reduced upfront costs
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Increased reliability, provided by the Microsoft Azure cloud platform and the MongoLab (mlab) service for MongoDB databases.
- A fully managed service that includes Sitecore updates and monitoring. Sitecore continuously monitors the xDB Cloud Sets to minimize system downtime.
Planning your xDB Cloud 2.0 solution
The following topics, tables, and articles will help you set up your xDB Cloud solution the way you want it.
Compatibility and limitations
Check the compatibility of your Sitecore xDB Cloud client, the compatibility of xDB Cloud with new xDB Cloud sets, and also the compatibility of the xDB Cloud client with various Sitecore modules, using the xDB Cloud Service compatibility tables.
Operations (link to the Service Catalogue)
The xDB Cloud service catalog and policies is a guide to the scope and level of service that Sitecore offers for its managed services. When the xDB Cloud service extends with improved features and service, the service catalog is updated to reflect this, so be sure to check back regularly.
Be sure to check the service catalog before contacting Sitecore support as content changes frequently.
Connecting (Connect to xDB Cloud 2.0)
Configure xDB Cloud 2.0 the way you want it with open tenancy improvements for increased privacy in the Cloud and 24/7 support. Learn how to connect to to xDB Cloud 2.0.
Troubleshoot problems and find answers to frequently asked questions about xDB Cloud with the Troubleshooting xDB Cloud reference.